First of all, I am SOOO sorry for taking this long in between patterns!!! I definitely broke my new-pattern-every-other-day streak. Hopefully there won't be this long of a wait between this pattern and the next, but I have been super busy.
One of my followers requested a pattern for barefoot sandals. I looked into them and saw how
popular they were through Pinterest, Etsy, Ravelry, etc. There are certainly more complicated ones out there, but here is my simple version of a barefoot sandal!
These are made out of embroidery floss, which I know can be somewhat intimidating but once you get used to it, it's actually a nice change from yarn :) Also, using a D hook makes it easier to work.
Here's the pattern!
D (3.25mm) crochet hook
5 skeins embroidery floss (or 2 skeins each of 3 colors)
1. Ch 4, join with sl st to form a ring, 10sc into ring. 
2. 4dc in next, dc in next 3, 4dc in next, dc in next 2, 4dc in next, sl st to next dc. 
3. Ch 2, 5dc in next, hdc in next 6, 5dc in next, hdc in next 5, 5dc in next, hdc in next 4, sl st to top of ch2. 
4. Ch 2, dc in next, 3dc in next, hdc in next 11, 3dc in next, hdc in next 9, 3dc in next, hdc in next 7, sl st to top of ch2. 
5. Ch 1, sc in next 2, 3sc in next, sc in next 6, 2sc in next, sc in next 5, 3sc in next, sc in next 12, 3sc in next, sc in next 4, 2sc in next, sc in next 3, sl st in next. 
6. Sl st in next 3, ch 17, sl st in same. Fasten off, weave in ends.
Join yarn in the top 2 corners of the unoccupied triangle and ch 110 (or as long as you want your tie to be).
Make another one, and you're done! Wear them barefoot around the house, outside, or even with sandals or flats. These are a great last-minute gift because they are super quick to work up.
Like my other patterns, feel free to make/donate as many of these barefoot sandals as you like, just please give credit and link back to this blog if you sell the finished product online. Thanks!
Hope you enjoy this pattern and thank you for being soooo patient!!
Check out the link party where I linked up! http://www.mymerrymessylife.com/2012/06/hookin-on-hump-day-2-link-party-for.html