Wednesday, June 6, 2012

FREE PATTERN: Summertime Barefoot Sandals



First of all, I am SOOO sorry for taking this long in between patterns!!! I definitely broke my new-pattern-every-other-day streak. Hopefully there won't be this long of a wait between this pattern and the next, but I have been super busy.

One of my followers requested a pattern for barefoot sandals. I looked into them and saw how
popular they were through Pinterest, Etsy, Ravelry, etc. There are certainly more complicated ones out there, but here is my simple version of a barefoot sandal!

These are made out of embroidery floss, which I know can be somewhat intimidating but once you get used to it, it's actually a nice change from yarn :) Also, using a D hook makes it easier to work.


Here's the pattern!


Materials
D (3.25mm) crochet hook
5 skeins embroidery floss (or 2 skeins each of 3 colors)
Needle
Scissors

Instructions
1. Ch 4, join with sl st to form a ring, 10sc into ring. [10]










2. 4dc in next, dc in next 3, 4dc in next, dc in next 2, 4dc in next, sl st to next dc. [17]











3. Ch 2, 5dc in next, hdc in next 6, 5dc in next, hdc in next 5, 5dc in next, hdc in next 4, sl st to top of ch2. [31]











4. Ch 2, dc in next, 3dc in next, hdc in next 11, 3dc in next, hdc in next 9, 3dc in next, hdc in next 7, sl st to top of ch2. [40]










5. Ch 1, sc in next 2, 3sc in next, sc in next 6, 2sc in next, sc in next 5, 3sc in next, sc in next 12, 3sc in next, sc in next 4, 2sc in next, sc in next 3, sl st in next. [52]

6. Sl st in next 3, ch 17, sl st in same. Fasten off, weave in ends.



Join yarn in the top 2 corners of the unoccupied triangle and ch 110 (or as long as you want your tie to be).






Make another one, and you're done! Wear them barefoot around the house, outside, or even with sandals or flats. These are a great last-minute gift because they are super quick to work up.

Like my other patterns, feel free to make/donate as many of these barefoot sandals as you like, just please give credit and link back to this blog if you sell the finished product online. Thanks!

Hope you enjoy this pattern and thank you for being soooo patient!!





17 comments:

  1. very cute, thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! They'd make a great gift! I'd love if you'd add this to my link party for the fiber arts!
    http://www.mymerrymessylife.com/2012/06/hookin-on-hump-day-2-link-party-for.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, I just linked up! Thanks for inviting me!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! I've actually chosen YOUR post as one of the featured ones for this week! Only thing I as is that you include a link to my blog or the Hookin On Hump Day button somewhere on this post or on your sidebar. Thanks so much!

      Delete
    3. Sara, thanks for featuring me! Sorry, I'm a bit confused . . . should I just mention that I've been featured on your blog somewhere in the post? With a link?

      Delete
  4. These are very cute and I'm in the process of making them but when I get to number 3, nothing is adding up! I have counted through like 10 times and quadruple checked each stitch to see where I went wrong, but I can't figure it out! I had just finished the last of the 5 dc and the directions then say to hdc in next four, but I only have 2 left! I counted the row before I started this row too and had the 17 like I was supposed to. Do you know what might be happening??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mdadie B! Sorry you're having trouble with these. I'm not sure what's happening, but here's what I would do. Do whatever you need to to end up with the right stitch count for that row. If the shape is a teeny bit off, it will even out as long as you have the right stitch count. So if it means doing 6dc in each corner, then do that. Sorry it's so confusing! Hope this helps :)

      Delete
    2. I am having the same exact problem on rd3. I have 2 left instead of 4.
      It has something to do with Rd 2. When you say sl st to next dc there is still 2 spots left to crochet in, I think that is what is throwing the next round off. What are we suppose to do on the second rd?
      And when we 10 sc into the ring do you sl st to join? (I did but it didn't say to)

      Thank you for any help :)
      And for the pattern!!
      I love this one, hopping to get it right.

      Heather W

      Delete
    3. If on round 2 you have two spots left, not four, and in round 2 you have two extra spots, then I would just crochet one in each of the two extras in round 2. This should make the stitch count correct for the next round, setting it all right :)

      And yes, slip stitch at the end of round 1!

      I hope this helps!!!

      Delete
    4. I ran in to this as well and realized that many patterns have you move to the NEXT stitch when you chain 2. In this pattern I had to begin every new row in the same stitch, even if there was a chain 1 or chain 2. Hope this helps and thanks for the cute pattern!

      Delete
  5. Mine are only measuring just under 2 inches... And that's with adding in a extra roll around the edge. Can that be right? Yours look bigger, unless you have tiny feet, LOL

    Help??

    Using a D hook, & embroidery floss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say you could use DK weight yarn and an E hook, and see if that turns out better. I'm sorry yours aren't turning out the same size as mine - I hope this helps!! If not, just keep adjusting your yarn weight/hook size until you're happy :)

      Delete
  6. Love these! I featured them this morning on my blog: http://www.mooglyblog.com/barefoot-sandals/

    Thanks for sharing your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! I had to hook some up as soon as I saw them, but using DK wool and a 4.00 hook as I have no thread and they turned out great. Simple and quick yet pretty and elegant! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next on my list! Super cute!
    Please stop by my blog, I am just getting started!
    http://the5cees.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love these! I'm not sure what happened when I made them, but the pattern was a little off. I adapted it to make my own and I posted a blog on them, making sure to reference and link to this post (http://www.liz-makes.com/2014/06/liz-makes-crocheted-barefoot-sandals.html). Thanks again for the pattern!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete