Thursday, May 31, 2012

. . .


You may have noticed that I have taken down my Seaspray Hat free pattern. Apparently without my knowledge this was similar to a pattern called Cherub Cheeks beanie, available here. The creator of Cherub Cheeks beanie has asked me to remove this free pattern. I am so very sorry to do so, as this was one of my most popular patterns already, and I have spent more time on it than any of my other free patterns. I hope you understand and will consider purchasing Amanda's Cherub Cheeks beanie.

This is has set me back quite a bit, so please be patient for the next few patterns. Thank you for understanding!

UPDATE: 11/28/2012. Not long ago, I messaged Amanda (creator of the Cherub Cheeks beanie) asking if she would be okay if I were to sell the pattern. She wrote back saying that I could do what I wanted with the pattern, and that I didn't have to okay it with her! So I am so excited (and grateful to Amanda!) that I now have the Seaspray Hat available for purchase in my etsyravelry, and craftsy stores! Please consider buying it! Just FYI, I took MANY more pictures, and included much more detailed instructions :) Thank you!!!


18 comments:

  1. Love this hat!! Just came back to check on Row 11 and now it's gone wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry! Wish I could help you . . .

      Delete
  2. That's too bad. It's a very cute hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the other lady talk to you about the pattern before she asked you to take it down?? I'm sorry for what happened to you. Chin up and create something wonderful to show them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Marie, the other lady asked me to take it down because it was similar to her Cherub Cheeks beanie. I hadn't realized the similarity so I did. She never really discussed the pattern and its "minor changes" that she said it had, she just left a comment on the post. Thank you for your sweet comment, I am hoping to get a pattern up today or tomorrow! I have been really busy lately, but will hopefully get moving on the patterns again. Any suggestions for what you would like to see?

      Delete
  4. How disappointing. I am impressed with your graciousness. Your other option could have been to also offer it for sale, but some people wouldn't like that either. I really am very impressed that you took it down so nicely. I also have patterns out that I've designed, and get nervous about this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, thanks for your sweet comment! I am very disappointed as well, but oh well! Don't worry too much about this sort of thing, I have quite a few patterns out and this is the first one that has been taken down.

      Delete
  5. The gracious thing to do would be to have the other designer offer her hat for free. She sells most of her patterns. That's the spirit of ravelry. All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with WorldCitizen...most hats are very similar anyway whether free or to buy so why all the fuss with this other person. Not happy

      Delete
  6. If you can, I'd like to see some sweaters of all sizes

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is CRAP! I'm so sorry my pattern is SIMILAR to your overpriced one. Get over it. Plus $3?? Really? I didn't know I wasn't allowed to use the same stitch as ANYONE else in my hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Left a little comment for her...

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with you Megan. As I have said most patterns use the SAME pattern stitch but no one else has asked for them to be taken off site. She doesn't sound like a really nice person. I really wanted this hat pattern too.

      Delete
  8. darn... What a cute hat! is there a patent on her pattern? if not why would she have the "authority" to tell you to remove it. If they are similar but not exact then who cares. What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was her pattern copyrighted? With so many crocheters out there, of course there are going to be similar. Who said she cornered the market on that stitch and pattern? You are a much better person than I would have been. Kuddos to you! Love your blog and patterns. They really inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Caren :) Yes her pattern was copyrighted - I just had never seen the pattern before I made mine so that is what frustrated me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Putting this hat under the free patterns is very misleading....

    ReplyDelete